Important: There is limited public transportation on Maui, so it is best to plan on renting a car when you arrive at the airport.
DIRECTIONS TO HALE AKUA GARDEN FARM – 110 Door of Faith Road, Haiku, HI 96708
1. From the Kahului airport, go past Kmart and turn left on HWY 36- Hana Hwy
2. You will be staying on Hana Highway the entire time – around 17 miles
3. Go thru the town of Paia. From the stoplight in Paia (on the Hana Highway), it is approximately 14 miles to Door of Faith Rd. (You may want to stop in town to pick up groceries at Mana Foods, or get something to eat before you come here the first time.)
4. Pass the intersection of Hana Highway and Hwy 365.
5. After Highway 365, mile markers start over again at zero.
6. After Hwy 365 intersection, continue on and look for mile marker 3.
7. After mile marker 3, you will see on the left a row of white utility boxes and a sign for Waipio Road. Continue on the highway. Soon after that, you will soon see on the right mile marker 3.5.
8. The next road on your left (not a chained driveway) is Door of Faith Road (this is our road).
10. Turn left here and continue down the road until paved road ends.
11. Look for a round mirror on a pole where pavement ends.
12. Turn left at the mirror and go about a ¼ of a mile.
13. On right you will see a wooden sign with the number 100 painted in green.
14. After number 100 sign, we are the next driveway on the right.
16. Turn right into our gravel driveway and go straight all the way down to the parking lot.
17. In the parking lot on your right you will see a green building with “Office” sign.
18. Come up to the office and look at the bulletin board at the entrance on your right for instructions on how to reach the manager or find instructions for your group.
19. If you need to call the manager, phones are available to the left in the front of the office.
Shiva, the Manager is available at (808) 281-4130 or in the office at (808) 572-9300.
Please note: When turning off the Hana Highway to Door of Faith Road, please slow down. Once you go from the paved road to the dirt road, please slow down to 10 MPH. This is a request from our neighbors. Thanks!We don’t have a flexible check in and check out time, except by previous arrangement. We ask guests to check in 3 pm or later for arrivals, and check out by 11 am. An information sheet is given to all guests upon arrival. Every guest is offered a private tour shortly after they arrive.
There is limited public transportation on Maui, so it is best to plan on renting a car when you arrive at the airport. Otherwise, Carl’s Taxi is available at 808-870-4411.