DIRECTIONS TO HALE AKUA GARDEN FARM
1. From Kahului airport –pass Kmart and turn left on HWY 36- Hana Hwy
2. You will be staying on Hana Hwy the entire time – around 17 miles
3. Go thru the town of Paia. From the stoplight in Paia ( on the Hana Highway), it is approximately 14 miles to Door of Faith Rd.
4. Pass the intersection of Hana Highway and Hwy 365.
5. After Highway 365, mile markers start over again at zero.
6. After Hwy 365 intersection, continue on and look for mile marker 3
7. After mile marker 3, you will see on the left a row of white utility boxes and a sign for Waipio Rd. Continue on the highway. Soon after that, you will soon see on the right mile marker 3.5.
8. The next road on your left (not a chained driveway) is Door of Faith Road (this is our road).
9. On the left of the road, you will see a green bus shelter set back from the road; on your right you will see two rows of mailboxes and a phone booth.
10. Turn left here and continue down the road until paved road ends.
11. Look for a round mirror on a pole where pavement ends.
12. Turn left at the mirror and go about a ¼ of a mile.
13. On right you will see a wooden sign with the number 100 painted in green.
14. After number 100 sign, we are the next driveway on the right.
15. At our driveway you’ll see our sign that says “Hale Akua Garden Farm & Launa I’o Eco – Education center”.
16. Turn right into our gravel driveway and go straight all the way down to the parking lot.
17. In the parking lot on your right you will see a green building with “Office” sign.
18. Come up to the office and look at the bulletin board at the entrance on your right for instructions on how to reach the manager or find instructions for your group.
19. If you need to call the manager, phones are available to the left in the front of the office.
Shiva (Manager) (808) 281-4130, Office (808) 572-9300
Please drive slowly and carefully on these country roads. It will help our relations with our neighbors and be good for your car!